This is a comparison of word processing software.
This table provides general information about selected word processors.
This table gives characteristics of each word processor.
Operating system compatibility
This table gives a comparison of what operating systems are compatible with each word processor in their last version.
1. can run unsupported Version 5.1
Import or open capabilities
This table gives a comparison of the file formats each word processor can import or open.
Export or save capabilities
This table gives a comparison of the file formats each word processor can export or save. It should be noted that in some cases, omitting an Export format (Microsoft Word's omission of WordPerfect export is the best known example) was a sales rather than a technical measure.
- List of word processors
- Comparison of spreadsheet software
- Comparison of text editors
- Comparison of TeX editors
- Comparison of office suites
- Office suite
- Online office suite
- ↑ Andy Updegrove (2006-07-05). The Emerging ODF Environment, Part IV: Spotlight on SoftMaker Office 2006. Retrieved on 2010-03-28.
- ↑ SoftMaker (1997-06-03). Archived from the original on 1997-06-03. Retrieved on 2010-03-28.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Advanced typography refers to either support for Apple Advanced Typography or advanced OpenType typography features and all OpenType layout tables or Graphite font technology
- ↑ Adobe FrameMaker 9 * About cross-references. Help.adobe.com. Retrieved on 2012-12-13.
- ↑ Adobe Systems, "Edit equations," <http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/9.0/Using/WSF12494BC-2ECA-4d4d-8BA8-2CC2CB9B9E1A.html>, [retrieved January 21, 2012]
- ↑ Adobe Systems, "About conditional text," <http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/9.0/Using/WSF778A159-48A7-4f26-B04E-79509DDB38E8.html>, [retrieved January 21, 2012]
- ↑ Adobe Systems, "Use conditional text," <http://help.adobe.com/en_US/InCopy/6.0/WS745C7188-1C17-4eae-8680-2F7C80DE6849.html>, [Retrieved January 21, 2012]
- ↑ Math Guide - Using the Formula Editor pp. 39-46, 51-68. LibreOffice Documentation Team (March 22, 2015). Retrieved on July 14, 2015.
- ↑ LibreOffice, "Defining Conditions" <https://help.libreoffice.org/Writer/Defining_Conditions>, [Retrieved March 8, 2013]
- ↑ LyX wiki | Tools / LyX Grammar Checker
- ↑ Partial support for some OpenType features in MS Word 2010, ie. ligatures, old-style figures, but not true small caps.
- ↑ MS Equation and MathType
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Support for Graphite Font Technology from version 3.2
- ↑ Math Objects. Retrieved on 26 July 2013.
- ↑ Developing conditional content. Retrieved on 26 July 2013.
- ↑ End notes/bibliography supported with EndNote X2 (third party)
- ↑ With third party add-ons: LaTeX or MathType.
- ↑ Atlantis Word Processor supported file formats
- ↑ Requires Microsoft's free Office Compatibility Pack
- ↑ Script error
- ↑ FaqCreatingPDFs - AbiWiki. Abisource.com (2010-11-27). Retrieved on 2012-12-13.
- ↑ AbiWord v2.6.5 ChangeLog. Abisource.com. Retrieved on 2012-12-13.
- Chronology of Events in the History of Microcomputers
- Comparison of Word and LaTeX in scientific writing
- Top 8 Free Online Word Processors
- Online word processors: A hands-on comparison